Covid-19 Event Protocols and Plan
To All Participants and Working Personnel: Your decision to voluntarily participate in the Detroit 4Fest event is one you must take seriously.
The entire Z Performance / Detroit 4Fest Team and all of our partners are aware of the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic and intend to take every possible measure, including compliance with any Local, State and Federal guidelines implemented, to slow the spread of the virus.
THE COVID-19 PLAN
There will be a COVID-19 Mitigation Coordinator on site.
The event will be conducted with limited staff and limited participants.
No one will be admitted inside the event perimeter that is exhibiting any known Covid-19 symptoms based on current CDC, State of Michigan and Oakland County guidelines
CHECK IN & MEDICAL SCREENING PROCEDURES
Upon arrival to the facility, all personnel, support staff, production personnel, venue staff and media representatives must immediately submit to the approved COVID-19 health screening protocol based on the latest CDC guidelines.
This will include a temperature check with a non-contact FDA approved thermometer. Any personnel leaving the event perimeter during the event will be re-screened each time before re-entry is permitted.
Any person who fails the screening will not be allowed to enter the perimeter and will be instructed to self-isolate and contact their primary care physician for further instructions.
All participants will be screened prior to entering the facility. This will include a COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature check with non-contact FDA approved thermometer
For participants successfully completing the screening and admitted into the perimeter, the following procedures must be followed at all times:
- Maintain six feet social distancing except and only when not practical due to specific competition requirements
- Wear a cloth facemask covering the nose and the mouth at all times except when not practical.
- Must maintain social distancing at all times when not utilizing facemask.
- No group gatherings larger than 50.
- Wash hands often for at least 20-30 seconds with soap and warm water and use hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- No hand shaking. No high-fives. No elbow bumps.
- No touching of any kind. IF A PARTICIPANT, PERSONNEL OR FAMILY MEMBER BECOMES ILL OR HAS ANY SYMPTOMS, EVEN MILD SYMPTOMS, DURING THE COURSE OF THE EVENT, THE PERSON MUST NOT COME TO THE EVENT. PERSONNEL MUST NOTIFY THE STAFF BY PHONE FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.
TRAVEL & SELF-QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
- Practice common-sense health measures while traveling to and from the event.
- Use of cloth facemasks by all attendees is required at all times while in public within the State of Michigan.
The event team provides the following travel guidance to all working personnel and participants:
THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE CLEARLY POSTED ON THE DETROIT 4FEST WEBSITE
- Plan your travel to avoid making stops.
- When stopping for fuel, wear disposable gloves when using fueling pumps, credit card machines, windshield cleaning tools, and other items. When finished with these items, dispose of the gloves before re-entering your vehicle and sanitize your credit card with a disinfecting spray or wipe. If you must enter gas stations, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching doors, handles and other objects when exiting.
- If you return to your home or hotel continue practicing social distancing: Avoid direct interaction with anyone not living in your household. Always remain at least six feet apart from others. Avoid direct interaction with anyone experiencing/displaying cold-like, flu-like, orcoronavirussymptoms including sneezing, coughing, fever, shortness of breath, chills, loss of sense of smell or taste, vomiting or diarrhea. Prohibit visitors who do not have an essential need to be in the home or hotel room.
- Perform hand hygiene frequently. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry. Soap and water should be used preferentially if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables, every day. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. o Use a household cleaning spray or wipe, according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
- Wash clothing items and footwear thoroughly upon return to your house or hotel room.
CLEANING & SANITIZATION PROCEDURES
Z Performance / Detroit 4Fest staff will take steps to routinely clean and disinfect surfaces and objects throughout the facility.
These protocols will include, but not be limited to:
- Requiring all cleaning crew to wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the cleaning location, cleaning/ disinfectant products being used.
- Cleaning objects/surfaces not ordinarily cleaned daily (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, sink handles, countertops, mic flags, TV equipment, cables, tools, etc.).
- Emptying all trash receptacles frequently. Cleaning personnel will immediately remove items deemed to be left behind.
- Cleaning with the cleaners approved by the CDC and/or EPA and in accordance with the directions on the label.
- Providing disposable wipes to staff so that commonly used surfaces (e.g., keyboards, desks, remote controls) can be wiped down before use.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer stations throughout the common areas during the event.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own food and drinks with them. Food deliveries will not be allowed within the secure perimeter. Only non-contact preparation of meals and food and drink items will be allowed, any recipients accepting delivery outside of the secure perimeter and be screened again for reentry.
- Any food or drink containers not clearly marked or in the possession of the owner will be safely and immediately discarded.
- All food served during the event will be individually packaged for safety
- Z Performance / Detroit 4Fest Team shall review with the local law-enforcement agencies their procedures for circumstances requiring emergency evacuation of the event site or interruption of the event. .
- Ambulance shall be provided for event participants on day(s) of the event.
- Z Performance / Detroit 4Fest Team will designate a space for staff and participants who may become sick and require quarantine.
HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITMENT
The current global health crisis arising from COVID-19 has threatened the health and economic stability of all. It will require a concerted effort and commitment to personal responsibility by every person to stop the spread of coronavirus and mitigate its devastating impact. By voluntarily participating in the Detroit 4Fest event, I understand and accept that my inclusion in this event is conditioned on agreeing to abide by a set of guidelines designed for the personal and collective health and safety of myself and all those who are included in this event. In light of the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), I understand and acknowledge that there are inherent risks to me and others in participating. I am aware that by entering the premises and participating in the event that there are risks to me and to those with whom I interact of exposure, directly or indirectly, to any communicable diseases, including but not limited to the virus commonly referred to as COVID-19. I have read the guidelines created for this event, based on CDC guidance. I understand these rules and pledge to abide by them at all times throughout my participation in this event, both inside the event perimeter, and between event days, including any travel to and from the event activities.